Day 1 - Istanbul - Pamukkale - Istanbul - (L)
Very early in the morning, we will transfer you to the domestic airport for a 1-hour flight south to Pamukkale; upon arrival, we will continue on the guided tour of Pamukkale and Hierapolis.
Sites you'll see today:
* Pamukkale ("cotton castle" in Turkish), is a natural site that contains hot springs and travertines, and terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water. It is located in Turkey's Inner Aegean region, in the Menderes River valley, which has a temperate climate for most of the year.
Pamukkale's terraces are made of travertine, a sedimentary rock deposited by water from the hot springs.
The former Roman Bath of the ancient city of Hierapolis has been used as the site of the Hierapolis Archaeology Museum since 1984.
In this museum, alongside historical artifacts from Hierapolis, there are also artifacts from Laodiceia, Colossae, Tripolis, Attuda and other towns of the Lycos valley. In addition to these, the museum has a large section devoted to artifacts found at Beycesultan Hüyük that includes some of the most beautiful examples of Bronze Age craft.
* Hierapolis is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was founded as an ancient healing care center in 190 BC, taking advantage of the mineral waters. It was one of the most important intellectual, artistic, religious and commercial centers of the Roman Empire. Over time, the city hosted large numbers of both Jewish and Christian residents.
After the tour, we will provide a transfer to the airport for your flight back to Istanbul.
We look forward to seeing you on a future trip!
*** Tour ends ***
Prices are starting from 285 Euros per person in a double, contact us to get a price quote for your dates
* All transportation with comfortable vehicles
* Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Denizli
* Domestic flight tickets from Denizli to Istanbul
* Professional, English-speaking guides
* Lunch at a local restaurant
* Entrance fees to Pamukkale
* All service charges and local taxes
* Drinks with meals
MORE ISTANBUL TOURS