(NOTE: This program is available on ANY day of the week. Just ask!)
Let us know if you need any assistance with transfers from your own Istanbul hotel (arrival or departure).
Day - 1: Istanbul to Antalya
Early in the morning, we will meet you at your hotel and transfer you to the Istanbul domestic airport for your 1-hour flight from Antalya
. Upon arrival, you will then be met and transferred to your hotel that is located in the city's historical center. After checking in, you will have free time to relax and explore Antalya at your own pace. Overnight stay in Antalya
Day 2: Antalya - (B/L)
Early in the morning, we will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and commence with your full-day tour of Kekova, Myra and Demre.
* Myra : In the shadow of the Church of Saint Nicolas, the ruins of Myra, its ancient city walls, and myriad rock tombs sit dramatically on a steep mountain slope.
* Kekova ("The Sunken City"): Kekova has a surface area of 5.7sq km and while the majority of its ruins are submerged underwater, they are visible.
* St. Nicholas Island: According to ancient sources, St. Nicolas, known the world over as Santa Claus, was born at the end of the 3rd century near the town of Patara ,(60 km west of Demre), to a wealthy family, was educated and devoted himself to the betterment of mankind.
*Simena: The village of Kale, (known in ancient times as Simena) is a very charming historical site, with its underwater ruins and well-preserved fortification walls dating back to the Middle Ages. Most of the structures have two floors.
After the tour we will return you to your hotel. Overnight stay in Antalya
Day 3: Antalya to Istanbul - (B/L)
After breakfast, we will take you on a full-day tour of Side, Perge, Aspendos and to the Manavgat Waterfalls.
Sites you'll see today:
* Perge is a magnificent example of how an ancient classical city looked. Records date it to roughly the 4th century BC. It was settled by the Greeks following the Trojan War, then visited by St. Paul and his disciples when it was a leading city of Pamphylia. It then fell under the leadership of Alexander the Great and eventually to the Byzantines. It was during the reign of Constantine that Perge became an important center of Christianity.
* Side was the site of Pamphyilia's largest port and was probably first colonized in the 7th BC. Coming from Cyprus, St. Paul would have very likely visited en route to Perge (another site you'll see today). The great ruins are among the most notable in Asia Minor. They cover a large promontory where a wall and a moat separate it from the mainland. During medieval times, the wall and moat were repaired, and the promontory housed a wealth of structures.
* Manavgat Waterfalls is where we'll have a cool rest, right next to the falls. Local vendors offer beverages and ice cream.
* Aspendos and Aspendos Theatre is another beautiful example of a well-preserved classical city that is most famous for its theatre, which dates to 160-180 AD. Depending on performance dates, we may be lucky enough to see a summer evening opera or ballet performance in a theatre that's widely-considered to be the most intact classical theatre in existence.
After the tour, we will provide a transfer to Antalya Airport and put you on a 1-hour flight back to Istanbul; upon arrival in Istanbul you will then be transferred to your hotel.
*** Program ends ***
Prices are starting from 385 Euros per person in a double, contact us to get a price quote for your dates
* All hotels (each individually chosen by guest)
* All land transfers in comfortable vehicles
* Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Antalya
* Domestic flight tickets from Antalya to Istanbul
* All meals mentioned in the itinerary (B-breakfast, L-lunch & D-dinner)
* Admission fees for Side, Perge and Aspendos
* All other taxes and service charges
(NOTE: you also may choose to supplement your itinerary by adding-on such destinations Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale,
etc., in order to fit your time and travel interests.)