Day 1 - Istanbul - Cappadocia - Istanbul - (L)
Early in the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the domestic airport for your 1-hour flight to Kayseri. After arrival, we will transfer you to Cappadocia and continue with the program.
Today will be devoted to exploring Cappadocia's most famous sites:
* Goreme Open-Air Museum - A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Goreme is a charming and ancient town carved right out of the rock (tufa); here, you'll explore Byzantine-era churches, chapels and monasteries which house wonderfully-preserved 11th- and 12th-century cave frescoes.
* Fairy Chimneys--This strange geological phenomenon was created over millions of years, and were formed during regional volcanic eruptions. Reaching at times 40 meters in height, they are conical in shape and have a whimsical "hat" top to them.
* Devrent Valley--This valley is known as "the pink valley" because of the color of its soil. This is a lovely place to wander about and really take in the magical rock formations indicative to Cappadocia, including the Fairy Chimneys.
* Uchisar Castle, also known as Uchisar Fortress, is actually a formation of two gigantic rocks surrounded by smaller ones that together, form a natural fortress with towers. These formations were inhabited during both the Byzantine and Ottoman periods.
We'll also visit local crafts people and learn the special art of making dolls and traditional pottery.
After the tour, we will transfer you to the Kayseri Airport for your 1-hour flight back to Istanbul. After your arrival, we will transfer you back to your hotel in the Sultanahmet or Taksim areas.
We look forward to seeing you on a future trip!
Prices are starting from 255 Euros per person in a double, contact us to get a price quote for your dates
* All land and airport transfers in comfortable vehicles
* Professional, English-speaking tour guides
* Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Cappadocia
* Domestic flight tickets from Cappadocia to Istanbul
* Admissions to Goreme Open Air Museum, Uchisar Castle
* All taxes and service charges
* Drinks with meals