Day 1 - (L)
Early in the morning, you will be picked up from your hotel for this wonderful all-day guided tour.
Later, you will have free time to explore Pamukkale on your own.
After the tour, around 7:00 PM, you will be transferred to your hotel - or we can drop you off downtown.
Sites you'll see today:
* Pamukkale ("cotton castle" in Turkish), is a natural site that contains hot springs and travertines, and terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water. It is located in Turkey's Inner Aegean region, in the Menderes River valley, which has a temperate climate for most of the year.
Pamukkale's terraces are made of travertine, a sedimentary rock deposited by water from the hot springs.
The former Roman Bath is the site of the Hierapolis Archaeology Museum. In this museum, alongside historical artifacts from Hierapolis, there are also artifacts from Laodiceia, Colossae, Tripolis, Attuda and other towns of the Lycos valley. In addition to these, the museum has a large section devoted to artifacts found at Beycesultan Hüyük that includes some of the most beautiful examples of Bronze Age craft.
* Hierapolis is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was founded as an ancient healing care center in 190 BC, taking advantage of the mineral waters. It was one of the most important intellectual, artistic, religious and commercial centers of the Roman Empire. Over time, the city hosted large numbers of both Jewish and Christian residents.
* The Tomb of St. Philip is nestled in the hills behind Hierapolis. Philip was a well-known saint of the region. St. Philip met his death as a martyr, and in honor of his service to God, the Christians erected a matyrium over the site of his tomb.
Price: 65 Euro per person - (contact us for early booking discounts)
* Pick up and drop off at the hotel
* Professional,English-speaking tour guides
* Admissions to Pamukkale and Hierapolis
* Lunch at a local restaurant
All taxes and service charges