At 9:00 AM, after breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel.
We'll start driving to the famed Golden Horn (Halic), but first we'll see the delightful Chora Church. Afterwards, we will drive up to the charming Pierre Loti Cafe for a relaxing glass of tea, and, to top it off, we'll stroll down the hill to the fun and educational MiniaTurk outdoor museum.
We'll have lunch in the Old City, and afterwards, we'll take you back to your hotel.
* Chora Church (Kariye Müzesi, Kariye Camii, or Kariye Kilisesi — the Chora Museum, Mosque or Church) is considered to be one of the most beautiful examples of a Byzantine-style church. The church is situated in the western, Edirnekapı district of Istanbul. In the 16th century, the church was converted into a mosque by the Ottoman rulers, and it became a secularized museum in 1948. The interior of the building is covered with fine mosaics and frescoes.
* Pierre Loti Cafe: On the hills of the Golden Horn, this cafe, named for the French writer who spent a lifetime documenting Istanbul life, is a popular and special place to enjoy the panoramic view of the Horn.
* MiniaTurk is a popular miniature park that opened in May of 2003. MiniaTürk covers a total area of 60,000 m², rendering t the world's largest miniature park. The park contains 105 architectural models done in 1/25th scale. 45 of the structures are from Istanbul, 45 are from Anatolia, and 15 are from the Ottoman territories that today lie outside of Turkey. Also featured are historic structures like the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus and the Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus (now Bodrum), as well as Ataturk's mausoleum (Anitkabir) in Ankara.
Price: 60 Euro per person
* Entrance fees
* Pick up and drop off at the hotel
* Professional, English-speaking tour guide