Day 1 - Arrival in Istanbul
HOS GELDINIZ! Welcome to Turkey! We will meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. After a short briefing about your tour, you will have the afternoon free to rest and explore Istanbul on your own.
Overnight in Istanbul
Day 2 - Istanbul - (B/L)
After breakfast, around 8:30 AM, we will meet you at your hotel for a full-day tour of Istanbul.
Sites you will see:
* Blue Mosque/Sultanahmet Mosque (Camii) built during the reign of Sultan Ahmet I during 1609-1616. It is the only mosque in Turkey with six minarets. Due to its magnificent hand-dyed blue, green and white Iznik tiles it has been named the "Blue Mosque" by Europeans. The central dome is 43 m in height and is 33.4 m in diameter; it also boasts 260 windows.* Hagia Sophia/Aya Sofya is a truly awe-inspiring, 1,400-year-old Byzantine cathedral which houses mosaics, relics and iron work. Hagia Sophia was, for nearly a thousand years, the largest enclosed space in the world, and is still seen as one of the world's most important architectural monuments. It is one of Turkey's most popular attractions, drawn by the sheer spectacle of its size, architecture, mosaics and art. Built during the reign of Byzantine Emperor Justinian in the 6th century AD.
* Hippodrome: the backdrop of chariot races and the center of Byzantine civic life. Of the ornaments which once decorated it, only three remain: The Obelisk of Theodosius, the bronze Serpentine Column, and the Column of Constantine.
The Obelisk is in the Egyptian style and was erected in 1547 BC and stood 60m tall. The German Fountain is also within the hippodrome area, constructed in Germany to mark German Emperor Wilhelm II's second visit to Istanbul; it was imported and officially opened on January 1 1901. The fountain's three domes are decorated with gold mosaics.
* Topkapi Palace was the imperial residence and administrative heart of the massive Ottoman Empire, beginnng with Fatih Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror, in 1453, until 1856. It was converted to a museum in 1924. Parts of the palace such as the Harem, Baghdad Pavilion, Revan Pavilion, Sofa Pavilion, and the Audience Chamber distinguish themselves with their architectural assets. The museum also has collections from the Imperial Treasury, as well as Chinese porcelain, weapons, calligraphy, etc. The Treasury also houses the Topkapi Dagger, the 86-carat "Spoon Maker's Diamond", and the jewel-encrusted bones of St. John the Baptist.
* Grand Bazaar (Kapali çarsi - "covered market") is one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world, with more than 58 covered streets and over 4,000 shops which attract between 250,000 and half a million visitors daily.
The bazaar began construction in 1455 and opened in 1461. It is well known for its jewelry, pottery, spice, and carpet shops. Many of the stalls in the bazaar are grouped by type of good: leather coats, gold jewelry and the like.
After the tour, return to the hotel. Overnight in Istanbul
- Day 3 - Istanbul - (B)
After breakfast around 8:30 am, we will meet you at your hotel and continue on the full day tour of Istanbul.
* The Spice Bazaar/Egyptian Bazaar (Misir Carsisi) transports you back to the Silk Road days with its mystical aromas of various spices. Here, you'll also find other shops selling fruits, vegetables, teas, flowers, fish, and Turkish Delight (lokum).
* Bosphorus Cruise takes you though the waterway separating the two continents, Europe and Asia; along its shores, you can take photographs of marble palaces and antique wooden Ottoman-era villas that sit beside luxurious modern residences.You will also see Dolmabahce Palace, Beylerbeyi Palace, and Ortakoy Mosque.
Overnight in Istanbul
Day 4 - Istanbul to Dalaman then check in Gulet and cruise around Oludeniz and Blue Lagoon - (L/D)
Early in the morning, we will provide a transfer to domestic airport and put you on a 1-hour, 15-minute flight south to Dalaman.
Upon arrival, we will provide a transfer to the port in Fethiye,where we wil board our charming gulet. We'll depart from Fethiye Harbor between 11 and 12 PM and first sail to Samanlik Bay for some swimming time and then lunch. Butterfly Valley (Kelebekler Vadisi) is our next stop for a swim and to pay a visit to its stunning natural reserve. Afterwards, we'll cruise onto Oludeniz's Blue Lagoon. Overnight at St. Nicholas Island - onboard
Day 5 - Fethiye to Kas - (B/L/D)
In the morning, we'll set sail for Yesilköy, where you will have breakfast and time to swim in the bay that's surrounded by olive trees. Then we will journey on to Kas, a small harbour town with a charming Bohemian atmosphere.
Overnight in Kas - onboard
Day 6 - Kas to Kekova - (B/L/D)
After a short cruise by the ruins of Kekova, Kalekoy, and Ucagiz (the Sunken City), we'll have our lunch on Tersane Bay - where you'll see the ruins of a Byzantine church, along with ancient underwater Roman ruins (as well as along the beach.) As you sail on to Gökkaya for the night, the underwater ruins of ancient Gökkaya will also be visible.
Overnight in Gokkaya - onboard
Day 7- Kekova to Demre - (B/L/D)
After breakfast in Demre, our final port-of-call, it's time to say goodbye to your shipmates and crew. Here, we will transfer you to Myra for a visit to St. Nicholas church. Then, we'll journey onto Antalya. (You will have some free time to check out the city.)
Then we will provide a transfer to the Antalya Airport for your 1-hour flight back to Istanbul.
We look forward to seeing you on a future trip!
*** Tour ends ***
We can always add more days and include sites like Ephesus, Pamukkale and Cappadocia, contact us if interested.
Prices are starting from 685 Euros per person in a double, contact us to get a price quote for your dates
* Centrally-located hotel in Istanbul
* 1 full-day and 1 half-day guided tour of Istanbul
* All land and airport transfers
* Flight tickets form Istanbul to Dalaman
* Flight tickets from Antalya to Istanbul
* Admissions to Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace
* 3-night & 4-day Blue Cruise
* 3 breakfasts - 3 dinners - 3 lunches
* Bosphorus ferry (vapur)
* All taxes and service charges
* Drinks onboard and with meals
NOTE: In the event of bad weather conditions, this program may be subject to change.
We can customize this tour by adding more sites onto this itinerary like Ephesus, Pamukkale and Cappadocia - just ask!